Police Department Managers have a tough job increasing officer morale, ensuring employees’ safety, and storing multitudes of equipment and supplies. The station may be suffering from a lack of space due to increased arrests, evidence, and paperwork in recent months. Officers are continually exchanging gear and equipment that must be organized, tracked, and secure. Additional PPE and COVID compliance processes may have added pressure to update storage needs and weapons lockers sooner than anticipated.
By reconfiguring or adding to your storage areas, your station can be a more organized space to work in and will reflect better efficiency in the community you serve. Reduce department stress by having everything from improved security for personal items to solutions that reduce lost or misplaced evidence – new access control lockers let everyone focus on doing their jobs.
How do you get started?
A police station is a fast-paced environment filled with officers, civilians, inventory, and information. A uniquely designed storage area can offer:
- Mobile carts, workstations, and shelving to quickly change workspace requirements as needs evolve
- Weapons lockers that are centrally located and easily accessible in an emergency
- Compliant storage of PPE items to increase safety and prolong the life of the equipment
- Faster responses as officers exchange uniforms and other gear
- Privacy for employee clothing and personal items
- Property and evidence room storage modules to secure inventory
- Intelligent asset-control lockers to track assets and reduce misplaced or stolen items
We help you determine the size and number of units needed to create an organized environment that lets police officers and employees destress. Recent events have challenged them, but there are ways to reduce the daily workload and add elements of greater space and comfort.
What will it look like?
Newly designed or updated police department storage and weapons lockers are more secure and durable. We further evaluate the entire police station layout when determining the dimensions of each type of storage use. Each police station’s floor space can combine mobile, wall-mounted, or free-standing storage components to suit current and future needs. All custom-built storage systems consider:
- ADA compliance
- Bench, drawer, and shelving options
- Device charging
- High-security items to general supplies
- Locker size and dimensions
- Various lock types and interior compartments
We offer added access control lockers for greater efficiency to let personnel grab things quickly from a secure system that tracks items and verifies users. These Intelligent Lockers integrate with your station security system and save on costly administrative and maintenance processes to:
- Control inventory and assets in your facility
- Automatically log transactions for compliance
- Track expensive electronic devices
- Integrate storage with department security systems
- Report item locations and maintenance processes in real-time
Today’s stackable locker modules are custom-built with various lock types and configurations. A wide range of features to make your police station a more secure and comfortable place to work using:
- Benches with locker space for books and training manuals
- Mobile, wall, or free-standing workstation components, cabinets, and lockers
- Added access and tracking security with department cell phones, laptops, evidence, or controlled substances
- Secure personal storage for officers on duty
What information will you need to present to higher officials?
It’s hard to know where to start when renovating or adding new storage facilities. We work with you to design detailed proposals that provide estimates and timelines to make sure your project goes smoothly. Avoid delays and interruption in your stations.
With DeBourgh’s BuildADVANCE Program, you can even leverage lower off-season pricing regardless of construction date. We find better ways to fit the budget while still offering the highest standards for quality and performance. Discover advanced functional storage and locker areas that help organize the station and improve accessibility.
To learn more about making your fire station more efficient through storage, contact us with any questions or for more information.